College certainly isn’t cheap. Fortunately, if you take advantage of scholarship opportunities you can potentially make a big dent in your education costs. Unlike loans, scholarships are gifts. That means they never have to be repaid!
What scholarships are available?
There are basically two different kinds of scholarships you can look into. Merit-based scholarships are awarded by meeting or exceeding the expectations of the scholarship giver. These may be given based on everything from academic achievements to special talents. Other scholarships are based on financial need.
Where can you find scholarships?
In your search, you may be surprised to find out just how many places offer scholarships or grants! Check out the list below for where you can find scholarship information.
• The financial aid office of the school you plan to attend or that you’re already attending.
• If you’re in high school, your guidance counselor should be able to provide you with various resources.
• Community organizations you or your parents belong to may provide scholarships or grants (such as Boy Scouts or 4-H Club).
• Check with your employer or your parents’ employers.
• Visit your local library and ask the librarian what information they have on local scholarship availability.
• You can also utilize free online scholarship searches such as College Board’s Scholarship Search.
Does FORUM Credit Union offer any scholarship opportunities?
Yes! The FORUM Foundation awards up to seven, $5,000 collegiate scholarships annually. These scholarships are eligible for renewal, up to four years, allowing recipients the potential to receive $20,000 over the course of their four-year collegiate experience. The application deadline is February 1, 2016. For eligibility and application details, click here!
with 0 comments
Categories: College, Education, Students