On average, FORUM Credit Union performs 1.5 million card transactions for our members each month. This number, which includes ATM, debit, and credit card transactions, continues to increase. As this number climbs, we analyze these transactions in an effort to see how we can make using your FORUM card of choice as convenient as possible. We have many exciting card initiatives on the cusp of being released that we hope will improve the value you receive from your FORUM membership.
- We are happy to announce that we will be raising cash and spending limits on our debit cards. After reviewing transactions and requests from members for temporary increases to their spending limits, we decided it was in the membership’s best interest to permanently raise these limits. We take our role in balancing convenience and security seriously and believe that these higher limits will serve both needs.
- We are also working with Apple to offer Apple Pay™ for both our debit and credit card holders. This convenient and secure way to pay will be available in the coming months. For the Android users, we haven’t forgotten about you. We are currently evaluating options to ensure you have this convenience as well.
- You may have heard about an option for cards called EMV (EuroPay, MasterCard and VISA) that places a smart chip in the card. This chip card is the latest in card payment technology as it provides increased acceptance worldwide and heightened security. They have been prevalent in Europe for years and the United States is now beginning to adopt this standard in order to provide added protection against fraud. New chip cards will be issued as current credit cards expire.
- Additionally, we are working to integrate your FORUM credit card within our internet banking platform, CU Online, and with our mobile apps. Once the integration is complete, you will be able to see your credit card history right along with the history of your other FORUM accounts, like your checking account. This will also allow you to use our budgeting tools and to assign transactions for your credit card.
- Speaking of our mobile apps, we will soon offer the availability to apply for our credit card and other types of FORUM loans via your smartphone.
We are grateful for your business and trust as it relates to using your blue credit card and greendebit card. If you only have one color, please consider adding the other. We strive to make sure your cards work properly, are secure, and that you have the information you desire to help you manage your personal finances associated with these cards. You have our commitment that we will continue to improve the value of our card program and of the Credit Union. Thank you for being a FORUM member.