Android Pay - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What devices can I use with Android Pay?
You can use Android Pay with your NFC-enabled device running Android OS 4.0 (KitKat) or higher.
What FORUM cards can I use with Android Pay?
Your FORUM MasterCard® Debit, Credit, and Health Savings Account Cards may all be used with Android Pay.
How do I add my FORUM cards to Android Pay?
Add your FORUM cards to Android Pay using the below steps:
How do I set my FORUM card as the default card to use in Android Pay?
- In the Android Pay app on your device, touch the + sign to add a card.
- Manually enter the card number (flat FORUM cards may not be added using the phone's camera feature).
- Accept the terms of service.
- If requested, follow any additional steps to verify your card.
Within the Android Pay app, below are ways to set your default card:
Do I need to add my FORUM cards to Android Pay if I already added them to Google Wallet?
- From the home screen, touch your FORUM card and swipe up to move it to the default position.
- From your FORUM card details, tab the instructions to set a default card.
- From Google Settings, press your FORUM card to change it to your default.
Yes, you will need to add your FORUM cards again to Android Pay.
Where can I use Android Pay?
You can use Android Pay with your NFC-enabled device running Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) or higher at over one million locations whose payment terminals are set up to accept Android Pay and in participating Android apps. View the current list of merchants and apps accepting Android Pay at the Android Pay
How do I make a purchase using Android Pay?
Purchases can be made in two ways:
Can I use Android Pay if I’m in a poor service area?
- Paying In-Store: At an NFC enabled terminal, hold the phone to the terminal until a check mark appears
- In-App: Select Android Pay and either use fingerprint, PIN code, password, or pattern to authenticate the purchase
Android Pay can perform a limited number of transactions with poor service. If you’re without Internet and need to use Android Pay, the app will tap into a limited number of stored tokens on the device.
Is Android Pay a secure method for making payments?
Android Pay is more secure than traditional payment methods because the full card account number is not stored or passed to merchants. A “token” is used in place of the full card account number. A token is a substitute account number that replaces your card number and is used to make secure purchases in stores and in-app. If a card becomes compromised the full card will not need to be replaced. Instead, a new token will be issued to the member on the same credit card.
How do I make returns on purchases I have made using Android Pay?
You can make a return the same way you would with your plastic card by contacting the merchant directly. It is recommended that you bring the device used to purchase the item when returning it.