Friday, 17 April 2009 14:34
Going green can save you green. A lot of money saving tips are also environmentally friendly. Here are just a few green saving tips.
- Combine your errands into one trip instead of several mini-trips. This not only saves gas but also is much more environmentally friendly.
- Utilize electronic or automated options if you can, such as having direct deposit of your paycheck to save you time, gas for driving to the credit union, and paper.
- Carpool to work if that is an option, perhaps with a neighbor or a co-worker, even if it is only a few days per week.
- Stop buying expensive bottled water and drink from the tap. Or buy a water filter.
- Find books, CDs, and DVDs at your local library instead of buying new. Or borrow and swap items with friends.
- Turn down/up your thermostat when no one is home. This will save on energy and save money on your monthly heating/cooling bill.
These are just a few of the ways you can be green and save money. I have even heard of people going on a week -long spending freeze to save money and not consume as much. Comment and share your green money saving tips.