Friday, 30 October 2009 13:51
We will be taking a temporary break from our SaveItUp Blog until 2010 when our new SaveItUp Challenge begins! Of course, we would still like to leave you with a few more savings tips until we return. The holidays are right around the corner and some of you may already be creating your lists. Here are a few holiday shopping tips to think about.
- Save money on stamps by sending holiday cards via email.
- Use magazine pages to wrap small gifts.
- Create your own gift tags by cutting a small piece of matching wrapping paper and folding it in half.
- Stock up on grocery store items when they are on sale.
- Instead of going to the movie theater for entertainment, rent a movie or watch an old classic you already own.
- Determine your budget before you begin shopping.
- Use cash to purchase holiday gifts; you'll probably end up spending less than you would with a credit card.
- Create homemade gifts (ex. made from scratch cocoa mix in a decorated jar).
- Start a Christmas fund at the beginning of each year and put money into the account each pay period (FORUM offers a Santa Savings Account).
- Shop for decorations the day after Christmas for next year's holidays; you'll find a lot of sales!
Do you have any holiday savings tips you'd like to share?