Your parents do a lot for you, so you may be asking yourself what you can do to help them out. As a member of your household, there are plenty of things you can do that will make a world of difference, not only for your family, but sometimes for the environment too.
Be sure to tell your parents about your changes. They will be very proud of you, and they may make some changes as well.
It's the little things that add up the most. For example:
1) Turn off all the lights you are not using.
2) Turn off all electronics you are not using. This includes TV's, stereos, gaming consoles, etc.
3) Try generic foods; they could help cut costs and may taste the same as brand-name products.
4) Figure out what you want before opening the refridgerator. This will cut down the time you spend standing with the door open. Standing with the door open lets out cold air and requires more energy to cool the inside of the refridgerator again.
5) Take shorter showers!
6) Try hanging your clothes instead of using the dryer.
Most importantly, don't forget to ask them if there's something specific you can do, since they know what costs the most.
Please Respond: Tell us about how you help your family save.
Don't forget to include your Aware Teens username when you respond so you can be entered to win the monthly points for commenting on the blog!
with 0 comments
Categories: Budgeting, Kids and Money, Saving