Have you ever needed to purchase gifts when you didn’t have any idea what to buy? You could spend a long day at the mall buying gifts and then realize that you forgot a few people and have to make another trip out for more shopping. Doing a little planning before you hit the stores can save you time, frustration, and money. Hopefully these tips will help.
1. Prepare a total budget. Knowing how much money you have to spend before you buy will help keep you from overspending.
2. Make a list of who you need to buy for, including some ideas of what they might like and how much you are able to spend on them.
3. Leave room on your list for notes. As you shop you could jot down prices of items you may want to buy before you actually go back and make purchases. This comparison of prices can add up to big savings!
4. If you’re ordering online, make sure you shop early enough and make sure you’re shopping on a secure server from a reputable company. Also, make sure the shipping and handling prices are reasonable.
5. Try not to make too many purchases for yourself! When you see something you want, think about putting it on your own Christmas list rather than buying it for yourself.
6. Keep your receipts for easy returns and so you can use the information for planning for next Christmas. This will give you a record of the total amount of money you spent.
Good luck with your holiday shopping!
Have you started your holiday shopping, and do you plan it out or just wing it?
Don't forget to include your Aware Teens Username when you respond so you can be entered to win the monthly points for commenting on the blog!