Google Pay - FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Google Pay?
Google Pay is a new name for Google’s family of consumer payments products. We’ve been working to make these experiences more consistent, no matter where you’re paying. See these answers about Android Pay being renamed Google Pay.
What devices can I use with Google Pay?
You can use Google Pay with your NFC-enabled device running Android OS 4.0 (KitKat) or higher.
What FORUM cards can I use with Google Pay?
Your FORUM MasterCard® Debit, Credit, and Health Savings Account Cards may all be used with Google Pay.
How do I add my FORUM cards to Google Pay?
Add your FORUM cards to Google Pay using the below steps:
How do I set my FORUM card as the default card to use in Google Pay?
- In the Google Pay app on your device, touch the + sign to add a card.
- Manually enter the card number (flat FORUM cards may not be added using the phone's camera feature).
- Accept the terms of service.
- If requested, follow any additional steps to verify your card.
Within the Google Pay app, below are ways to set your default card:
Where can I use Google Pay?
- From the home screen, touch your FORUM card and swipe up to move it to the default position.
- From your FORUM card details, tab the instructions to set a default card.
- From Google Settings, press your FORUM card to change it to your default.
You can use Google Pay with your NFC-enabled device running Android OS 4.4 (KitKat) or higher at over one million locations whose payment terminals are set up to accept Google Pay and in participating Android apps.
How do I make a purchase using Google Pay?
Purchases can be made in two ways:
Can I use Google Pay if I’m in a poor service area?
- Paying In-Store: At an NFC enabled terminal, hold the phone to the terminal until a check mark appears
- In-App: Select Google Pay and either use fingerprint, PIN code, password, or pattern to authenticate the purchase
Google Pay can perform a limited number of transactions with poor service. If you’re without Internet and need to use Google Pay, the app will tap into a limited number of stored tokens on the device.
Is Google Pay a secure method for making payments?
Google Pay is more secure than traditional payment methods because the full card account number is not stored or passed to merchants. A “token” is used in place of the full card account number. A token is a substitute account number that replaces your card number and is used to make secure purchases in stores and in-app. If a card becomes compromised the full card will not need to be replaced. Instead, a new token will be issued to the member on the same credit card.
How do I make returns on purchases I have made using Google Pay?
You can make a return the same way you would with your plastic card by contacting the merchant directly. It is recommended that you bring the device used to purchase the item when returning it.