Living a successful retirement requires more than just building a large nest egg. It is important that in retirement you also continue to practice smart financial money habits or start using them if you didn’t prior to retirement. Living a money smart lifestyle is extremely critical during your retirement years because it can make your money last longer.
Download or print "Essential Money Habits to Use In Retirement" PDF
- Developing and using a budget is extremely important to making sure your money lasts. For the first time in your life you will truly be on a fixed income that might be less than what you were making during your working years.
- Comparison shopping for all your purchases is an essential money habit in your retirement years. Finding the best price and value for your purchases is a great way to make your money last longer.
- Living a healthy lifestyle is key to controlling your medical expenses in retirement. This will be your biggest unknown expense during your entire retirement lifetime.
- Traveling wisely is one of the best ways to be active and also be money smart. Look for traveling deals and visit destinations at off peak times so that you are not paying full price.
- Even before you get to your retirement years you will have the opportunity to use discounts from many retailers. Looking for these discounts and frequenting retailers who offer them is a prudent money move.
- Probably the most important money skill to use in your retirement is avoiding impulse purchases. This behavior will ensure you don’t disrupt your budget or have to increase the amount of your monthly income.
with 0 comments
Categories: Financial, Guidance, Retirement