ATM's are a great convenience. Here are some easy tips to use in effort to take advantage of this great service and keep you and your finances safe.
- Keep your engine running, doors locked, and the windows up when waiting in line at a drive-up ATM.
- When possible, leave enough room between cars to allow for a quick exit should it become necessary
- If an ATM is obstructed from view or poorly lit, go to another ATM.
- Minimize time spent at the ATM by having your card out and ready to use. If you see anyone or anything suspicious while conducting a transaction, cancel your transaction and leave immediately.
- If anyone follows your after making an ATM transaction, go immediately to a crowded well-lit area and call the police.
- Report a lost or stolen card immediately.
- Check your ATM receipts against your monthly account statement to guard against ATM fraud.
- Always observe your surroundings before conducting at ATM transaction. If you see anyone or anything that appears to be suspicious, leave the area at once.
- When possible, take a companion along when using an ATM, especially at night.
- Stand between the ATM and anyone waiting to use the terminal so that others cannot see your secret PIN or transaction amount.
with 0 comments
Categories: Finances, Financial, Security