There have been several news reports regarding a major security vulnerability known as “Heartbleed.” This bug can affect encryption software used to protect some websites by tricking systems into leaking sensitive information, such as usernames and passwords.
At FORUM Credit Union, we take the security of our members very seriously. After a detailed investigation, our research indicates that our systems are safe from the Heartbleed Bug. We will continue to monitor the situation and take the most cautious approach possible as any new details may warrant. In the case that security risks arise, we will communicate with you via CU Online, forumcu.com, and social media.
To help further protect your personal information as you surf the web, be sure to follow password security best practices:
· Do not reuse the same password on multiple accounts (especially for financial accounts).
· Frequently change your password(s).
· Make sure your password(s) contain at least 8 characters.
· Include letters/numbers in your password(s).
· Store your password(s) securely and do not share them with others.
For more information on the Heartbleed Bug, please visit http://www.heartbleed.com