FORUM is Here to Help: Coronavirus Updates for Small Businesses
As the world continues with containment measures to slow the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19, FORUM recognizes small business owners are experiencing financial difficulties as a result. FORUM is here to help lessen the impact of any financial distress by providing options and resources to our small business owners.
CARES Act for Small Businesses
The Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act has been approved and the Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans. FORUM is no longer accepting PPP applications, as our maximum lending capacity has been reached (the funds loaned are from each financial institution, not from the SBA). If you have submitted an application, FORUM's team will communicate progress updates as they become available from the SBA.
View the Small Business Guide and Checklist from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The U.S. Senate Committee on Small Business & Entrepreneurship has also created the Small Business Owner's Guide to the CARES Act.
Small Business Administration Injury Disaster Loans
Indiana small businesses can now apply for SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL).
- The SBA EIDL program can provide low-interest loans of up to $2M to businesses and private non-profits.
- EIDLs may be used to pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills.
- The interest rate is 3.75% for small businesses without credit available elsewhere. The interest rate for non-profits is 2.75%.
- EIDLs have long-term repayment options, up to a maximum of 30 years. Terms are determined on a case-by-case basis, based on borrower's ability to repay.
- Apply online at SBA.gov/disaster
- Need help? Access these step-by-step online instructions
- Still need help? Call the SBA's Disaster Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals who are deaf or hard-of-hearing can call 800-877-8339.
Small Business Administration Express Disaster Bridge Loans
The SBA Express Bridge Loan (EBL) program allows small businesses who currently have a business relationship with an SBA Express Lender to access up to $25,000 with less paperwork. These loans can provide vital economic support to small businesses to help overcome the temporary loss of revenue they are experiencing and can be a term loans or used to bridge the gap while applying for a direct SBA Economic Injury Disaster loan. If a small business has an urgent need for cash while waiting for decision and disbursement on Economic Injury Disaster Loan, they may qualify for an SBA Express Disaster Bridge Loan. Ask your FORUM relationship manager for more details about this option.
Loan Options for Your Business
You have objectives for your business and FORUM's business loans can help you achieve those goals. Whether you want extra cash flow to purchase equipment, make acquisitions, or purchase a property, we have a loan to fit your needs.
FORUM’s Business Line of Credit can help you with a variety of short-term and ongoing financing needs. With a Business Term Loan, you’ll receive an initial disbursement of funds that can be used for financing one-time expenditures. If you’re purchasing or refinancing a property, or contemplating a merger or acquisition, we offer a Commercial Real Estate Loan. You also have access to FORUM’s Business MasterCard Credit Card designed to support your growing business offering 4 different card options to meet your cash management needs.